Borough Clerk's Office
The Borough Clerk's Office provides the professional, transparent and neutral link between citizens, borough assembly, boards and commissions, borough administration and government agencies at all levels.
- The Borough Clerk is responsible for administrative support to the assembly and serves as parliamentarian to the assembly.
- Publish and give notice of borough assembly meetings.
- Keep a record of all assembly meetings and make available for public inspection ordinances, resolutions, rules, regulations and borough code.
- Administer municipal elections including regular, special, and service area elections. Prepare petitions and verify signatures for initiative, referendum and recall elections.
- Responsible for meeting management of all borough boards and commissions to include coordinating with borough administration, department staff, and boards and commission chairs to set agendas, processing appeals of administrative decisions or decisions of boards or commission, offering parliamentary guidance during meetings, and keeping an accurate record of proceedings.
- Custodian of the official municipal seal and attests (confirms to be genuine) deeds and other documents such as ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and contracts, by signing and affixing the municipal seal.
- The Borough Clerk serves as the Borough's Records Management Officer, providing for storage and retrieval of borough records.
- Other responsibilities as outlined in FNSB Code and AS Title 29.
Initiative, Referendum and Recall Information and Application
For more information regarding Initiatives and Referendums, please contact the Borough Clerk's Office at (907) 459-1401.